Lawrence Dale Bell High School was opened in 1957 on a site donated to the school district by the late Larry Bell, Founder and President of Bell Helicopter Textron in Hurst. However, the first graduating class of LD Bell High School was the Class of 1956. They attended school at another site in Hurst while the first official school building was under construction.
Rapid student growth and academic excellence have been the cornerstone of Bell High School for forty years. L. D. Bell has earned state and national recognition in academics, athletics, fine arts, and leadership fields. Those numerous honors culminated in the recognition of Bell as a National Blue Ribbon School for 1994-96. The academic excellence that characterizes our school is supported by national and state recognition of our Student Council, our award winning Band and Choir programs, and athletic success.
On behalf of our outstanding student body and our highly professional staff, I would like to welcome you to our great school and to the Hurst-Euless-Bedford community. Our motto, “We do not imitate but are a model for others” exemplifies our mission and our spirit.
L. D. Bell High School will provide students with an educational experience which challenges each individual to reach his or her full potential now and in the future.
HEBISD Core Messages
- Students are responsible for their own learning.
- Quality teachers and effective schools are essential to students’ learning.
- Parents and patrons are vital partners in the educational process.
- A safe environment for every student and employee is a prerequisite to learning.
- Decisions and actions, at all levels, focus on and support effective student learning.